Solitel® vibrating rod level switch
Solitel® operates on the principle of detecting the dampening effect when solids are brought into contact with the vibrating rod.
Normally, SOLITEL vibrates at a frequency of approximately 350 Hz. This vibration is created by exciting the transmit piezoelectric crystal attached at the base of the outer rod. The piezoelectric crystal converts electrical energy to mechanical (vibratory) energy. Both the inner and outer rods have the same natural frequency (the frequency at which a body will vibrate freely).
- Single rod design eliminates clogging
- High temperature version up to +320° F (+160° C)
- Self-clean cycle and polished probe minimize solids buildup
- Class I, Div. 2 and Class II, Div. 1 approval
- Adjustable sensitivity allows easy calibration for various bulk densities
- Extended rigid probes up to 100 inches (2540 mm)
- Extended flexible lengths to 65 feet (20 meters)
- Input power selection
The SOLITEL probe vibrates at 350 Hz. When in contact with the media, the vibration is dampened. The attenuation of the vibration is detected by the electronics, which changes the state of the relay.