Self-Regulating Process Temperature
Chromalox SRP self-regulating heating cable provides safe, reliable heat tracing for process maintenance applications to 230°F (110°C) or freeze protection of pipes / tank with high heat losses. Constructed of industrial grade 16 AWG buss wire with a tinned copper braid and optional overjacketing, SRP ensures operating integrity most hostile industrial environments..
- Self- Regulating, Energy Efficient
- 16 AWG Buss Wire
- Circuit Lengths to 750 ft.
- Process Temperature Maintenance to 230°F (110°C)
- Maximum Continuous Exposure Temperature, Power Off, 275°F (135°C)
- Available in 5, 10, and 15 Watts per Foot
- 120 and 208-277 Volts Available from Stock
- Industrial Process Maintenance Applications
- Approximate Size .47 in. W x .20 in. H
- Min. Bend Radius 1-1/8 in.
- For use on Metallic Pipes
- Consult Factory for use on Plastic Piping
- Factory Mutual (FM) approved for ordinary areas.
- FM, ATEX and IECEx approved for hazardous (classified) areas when used with U Series and DL accessories.
- Energy efficient, self-regulating SRP uses less energy when less heat is required.
- Easy to install, SRP can be cut to any length (up to max circuit length) in the field.
- SRP features lower installed cost than steam tracing, less maintenance expense and less down time.
- SRP can be single overlapped without burnout, which simplifies heat tracing of in-line process equipment such as valves, elbows and pumps.
- Because SRP is self-regulating, over-temperature conditions are minimized.
- Chromalox U-Series Connection Kits reduce installation time.
Factory Mutual (FM) approved for ordinary areas. FM approved for hazardous (classified) areas when used with U Series and DL accessories
- Class I, Division 2, Groups B, C, D (Gases, vapors)
- Class II, Divisions 1*&2, Groups F, G (Combustible dust)
- Class III, Division 2 (Easily ignitable fibers and fillings)
- Class I, Zone 1, AEx e II
- 3,5,8 and 10 Watt Rated T4 Temperature Class
SRP Heat Trace Cable Applications
- Freeze Protection
- Freeze Protection, High Exposure Temperature
- Process Maintenance, Low Temperature
- Process Maintenance, High Temperature
|Features of SRP Cable|
|Max. Maintenance Temp. (°F)||225|
|Max. Exposure Temp. (°F) Power Off||275|
|Max. Circuit Length (Ft.)||55-750|
|Buss Wire Size||16|
|Usable on Plastic Pipe||No|
|Cut-to-Length in Field||Yes|
|Can be Overlapped||Yes|
|Output Varies with Temp.||Yes|
|Varies Output Along Length||Yes|
|Monitor Wire Available||Yes|
|SRP Corrosion Selection Guide|
|Aqueous Solutions of Inorganic Compounds||CT|
|Liquids Organic Chemicals Acids or Bases||CT|
|Acids or Bases||CT|
C - Tin-Plated copper metallic braid for additional protection and ground path
CT - Fluoropolymer corrosion resistant overjacket over braid for hostile/corrosive environments